Skip to main content

6 Ways Not To Punch a B&^@ In The Face & Keep Your $^*t Together.


I have deep within me, the capacity for rage.
Yes, this peace loving, hippy, priestess knows RAGE.
But I am talking the kind of rage where you see red then forget about slashing tires or breaking a guitar or punching a whole in the wall or worse. 
I have done those things. I am not proud of those things and I have atoned as they were a life time or two ago when I was young and ego filled. Gulp.

To err is human. To grow, evolve.

Evolution is knowing the exact explosive buttons within me.
I have carefully calculated ways to both honor and defuse them.
Over the past decade, I have worked diligently on the root causes of such things and made a commitment to myself to never be that low vibrational deliberately.
Unforeseen circumstances to some, are now possibility for magic and miracles through my purposefully crafted lenses. I love life no matter who or what.

The opposite of Rage is Peace and or Love.  I actively choose that.  It just feels good.....better, best.

However, emotions - all of them - are clues.
Negative emotions are only such if we label them that way but also the ones regarded in the lower vibe have quite a heavier impact when we try to resist that they are real or surfacing.
Surely no one is sunshine and lollipops one hundred percent of the time.
And that my friends is the point of this particular piece of word work today.

I want to share with you all of my recent vulnerability so that you know we are all in this together.

Tuesday I waited almost four hours in line for a TSA security pre screen card for our upcoming trip.
My partner & I drove over an hour just for that awesome game of patience.
Lovingly, he looked at me on the way home and said "You were so nice to everyone that came in contact with you. That could have been the most miserable situation but you were like a ray of happiness."
"Practice.  And it's a choice. Every minute.  It's a choice."

Wednesday however was a different story.  Please note: I love Wednesdays!
It's my only day off. I love to rock out in the car and I am totally in my zone.
I love the farmers market and getting my errands done and catching up on personal calls .....then boom.
On this particular Wednesday, my pink colored glasses cracked when I saw... $#@!^** her.

Now for the record.  I have seen "her" almost every week along my Wednesday route.
And, I will not lie, it's been quite a lesson in self control and wellness blessing projection.  This woman has gone out of her way to hurt me on so many levels, emotionally, spiritually and there are rumors to her wanting to end my life.

Heavy.

But seriously, every other time I see her I send her blessings as well as all of the people in her life. I know she is hurting.  I know she has been hurt.
But on this day, whether it was the moon and stars in conjunction with HERanus I don't know.  All I know is ...I wanted to throw my steaming hot cup of coffee on her and tell her to shut her F%$*ng mouth already. And to send the message to the band of haters she has conjured.
And to stick it where the sun don't shine.
And to choke on all of her projected feelings and lies.
And to eat my fist too!

But of course...
I didn't.

I wouldn't.
I couldn't.
No way. No how.
I took a vow, made a pledge, promised my divine and myself that the one way to peace was to bear my crosses...hexes, witches.
So it be this. Me....peacefully turning my cheek to the Facebook posts and coffee shop gossip pow wows regarding me.

Reframing this kind of maddening attention, one's ego can almost be flattered.  But that is slippery.  Regardless, something within me, vibrates in an unpleasant way for her and it became real, on the spot.

Which leads me to my recipe:
How Not To Punch a Bitch In The Face & Keep Your Shit Together.

1. Walk Away.
Or just keep walking- ahead.  One foot in front of the other.
Move on, physically in the moment.
Count to ten.
Remember that at one time you were happy and carefree?  It's there inside of you.
It's in five, four, three, two....
Breathe it in and out with every step you take until your vision becomes less a burgundy shade of hot blood and more real time.

2. Affirm.
You are not the opinions of others.
 Say it.
"I am not the opinion of others."
Any one else's opposing opinion to your energy is a manifestation of something within them,
which you most likely trigger.  Pay attention.
Everyone has an opinion. None of them are any of your business.
Also: You are reflection of something that they do not like within their own being.
"I am a mirror to their flaws."  "I am triggering their pain."
END THE CYCLE with "I am ending the cycle."

Then....if and when you need even more....

3. Flip a bitch.
For one moment, realize that YOU are that person. Parent trap it.
Welcome their authentic vibration. All of it.
Feel what it is like in their shoes.
Hurt people go out of their way to act out and hurt people.
Mad people do it over and over again which is the true definition of insanity.

4. Just Breathe.
You may or may not be able to stop drop and meditate and quite understandable.  No one can tell when they are going to be triggered.

If you are in a public situation like I was, however
breathing deeply and counting in for three counts,
holding for three counts
 then letting go reminds me... that everything that we do - comes back to us three fold.
In my short life I have learned, witness and often repeated:
Impulsive behavior leads to a lifetime of consequences. 

If you are however in a situation where something came at you via phone call or email and you do have 6 minutes to watch some amazing video and listen the sounds of someone centering back into earth then may I politely suggest this guided meditation.



video


5.  Shake it off.
Lawd! Knows I have had my beef with Taylor Swift but MUSIC
is my first love and it takes me to a place where I can be safe within my own body and vibrate through the rhythm and beat the emotions that I am feeling.
On that day....I drove into the situation I didn't know what about to happen happy
listening to Coldplay's Birds on repeat.
I drove away raging to Metallica's Blackened.  
And did I rage! I let my anger for all of the things I wanted to but never said to come up through my toes and shoot out my skull all to the tune of Lars Ulrich and the gang.
Within four minutes, I immediately felt better.  I felt release.

6. Throw Your Hands Up.
To your higher power mostly.
Whoever it is that you honor and converse with personally in the scheme of Universal Love, turn it over to them.
Surrender the past, the present moment and the outcome.
Send a blessing to anyone involved in heart palpitations you are experiencing.
I mean ANYONE. If that person triggers someone or something else within you that needs loving attention let it bubble up to be healed.
In the moment you may want so badly for the person(s) triggering your pain to feel your pain, but it's not karmetically cool.  Dig?
#Endthecycle

Bonus things to do to keep your shit together.
**Books.  
If you have one near by, grab it and ask the ancestors or angels to guide your eyes to a message that you need to receive in that moment.  If it makes you laugh....great! If it makes you go hmm...well, this isn't just about the other person being a jerk don't forget - it's also in some way about you.

Which leads me to...*** Flip another bitch
and be ultra kind to everyone else you come in contact with.
Again, if you are stuck at home or in a cubicle you can shoot some energy toward someone in need or decide which charity you are going to contribute to with your next paycheck.

Wash your hands.  Seriously. No joke. If there is a bathroom near by put some soap on that shit to get the germs off you.  The negativity.  The bad vibes.  See them lovingly swirl down the drain and out of your life.  Let the water wash over you and peace flow within you like a river flowing to the sea.

Consultathesaurus. Finally a magical creature known as a Thesaurus can list the direct opposite feelings of rage for you and just by reading them over - at least three times, you can be in a less elevated state.

Antonyms for rage - Thesaurus.com



Finally, BENNY AND THE JETS it.
We have a rule in my house.  If there is something in your head, a song or something ugly that someone said to you and it's on repeat in order to stop it..... sing or listen to
BENNY AND THE JETS.  It is instant the effect it has.  Try it once. You'll see.

And that is my very own personal recipe for not cutting or punching a B and keeping myself in the vow of grace and peace.  It's not easy.  Especially when it's not just one person that can trigger you.
Let me tell you but it is so much better than the consequence.

What do you do to switch out from a bad mood?
How do you come down from a level ten to a two? Got any advice that can add to the list above?
 Would love to hear about it HERE.

Next time - I will give you pointers on how to clean up your mess if you did have a moment of seeing red.

And with that....
I leave you with all of my vulnerable, human LOVE -
XO
MG



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Suicide Berceuse.

This is for you the broken hearted.This one is for you who can’t get out of bed and for you who may be finding it so damn hard to return the texts, emails and phone calls from anyone. 
This one is dedicated to those who having a hard time showing up because even thinking about showing up is too much energy. 
This one is for you who can’t seem to move on after the loss of a beloved. It’s for the ones whose days gone by are better than the days you’ve been wading through.This is for all of you who can’t catch a break financially, romantically or dream wise and wonder what it's all for.
The world has an immeasurable void in it. Constant pain inflicted from headlines or bylines is palpable. You’re unsure of your footing on our planet because the ground beneath you is unstable even when the sun shines otherwise. 
This one is for you who have contemplated at least once, perhaps even more than once about pressing the eject button on life. It’s here that you are in good company. It's…

4 Reasons Why Badmouthing Others is BAD For YOU.

I was talking today with a friend about the importance of words.  How you use them, positively, negatively any which way.  Words are like weapons.  Once you put them out there, they are pretty much impossible to take back.  Sure you can say you are sorry but it doesn't wipe the blood and guts off the floor from the initial bullet wound.  Forgiveness is key, but let's be mindful of our words from the get.  Dig?

Here's a repurposed blog to go along with those thoughts.

Everyone gets hurt. No one is perfect. People mess up. Mistakes are made. But the cross you bare when you badmouth someone else's questionable deeds or good fortunes, their life advances or personal tragedies is a very heavy one.

When you engage in loose lip service per say "warning" peers or anyone within earshot about someone or someone's "drama" or perhaps you seem to regurgitate the pain someone has caused you over and over to friends, strangers, clients, family members....wel…

Here are my demands.

Everyday, dozens of questions come at me via text, email, voicemail, Facebook,
instagram and on the street. My late friend Tommy encouraged me to answer every single one because every one, EVERYONE matters.  And yes, I truly do believe that.

In my spiritual practice, my intention is to hold space with those who are looking to open up more, to be inspired, to touch possibility then take that into their world and light the next candle closest to them. Every day I pray for healing - for you, for the good of all.
That is what fires me up. That is what gets me pumped in the morning when I'm dancing solo in my kitchen getting ready to take on the day, bringing on the good vibes!

Sure, I may see things other ignore. And true, I've been known to serve as a line between the physical and the unseen.  But what's most important is that I am a soul, just like you having a human experience. With that comes the same trials, tribulations and concerns you have on a daily basis
- trust me…