Sunday, September 28, 2014

Let's TalkTalismans.


I love, love, love when people share their important amulets, worry stones or talismans that they carry on their person for some reason or another with me.  I love the stories they tell me. I love when they dig them out of their pockets, socks and yes - even their bras!   It makes me utterly giddy to see that these lockets, gemstones, coins or other such lucky ornaments have been given the task of good fortune or protection.

And that's exactly what a talisman is or believed to be; a magical object -like a charm which is worn to attract good fortune.  In the old days depending on how far you want to go back the amulet of choice was usually inscribed with a 'god's -name' or image of a supernatural power believed to bring luck, power or protection to the person wearing it.  Ie; Abraxas was a gnostic deity whose name in Greek letters had a numerical value of 365 linking the god to days of the year. This specific deity was also tied to The Iranian god of time and an Indian sky god so he became a popular talisman figure inscribed on many coins, rings and such.

Luck is said to be summoned through using or wearing charms and amulets.
Horseshoes and wishbones being popular for such divinations.

In parts of Asia turquoise is prized as a lucky stone that can ward off the evil eye worn in rings, necklaces and bracelets as protection.

A lucky charm can be also an incantation or spell designed to summon the awesome and amazing powers of good fortune itself.

A rabbits foot pre WW2 was believed to bring protection and was advertised as so in newspapers at the time.

Personally, my lucky amulets or talismans are always evolving.
                                                                               

Right now, I wear crystal bullets, a St. Michael the Archangel medallion and yes, I've been known to shove a crystal or two in my bra. But more importantly, it's not about the ole superstition behind a particular shape or charm it's what you value and want to infuse into a piece to make it work for you.
If you have a rosary that your Nona gave you, a military medal or pocket watch that is meaningful to you, you can charge such items with your intention to protect, to bring luck or love into your life.

Care to share your lucky charms?  Leave a picture of them or a comment below in the comments!
I love sharing with you and I love when you share with me!

As always, I'm hear for your paranormal questions, doubts and difficulties.

Much love,
Michelle G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.