Skip to main content

Purify Our Love.

Who am I but you? Purify me. 
Make me love. Make me peace.

Yesterday I participated in my first (ever!)
group prayer outside of a traditional church setting or a yoga workshop.
Yesterday I experienced healing and
intention on a level that was so intense
and so raw, I couldn't help but be moved to tears.

When Melissa Lammy Mondgreen approached me with the concept of a group prayer dedicated to heal our water I jumped at the chance to help her. For me, as a mother, it's important to
facilitate and maintain a safe place for my child,
for our children to live -
to do my part, the best that
I can every step of the way. and yes, I am still learning what the even means!

For me, barely 40,  participating was an
ode to my friends (& myself) who are in conversation with disease and illness because of the toxins and poisons we are putting in our waters, our earth mother (land) in our air and then as a result, naturally, directly into our bodies.

We, the people gathered, smudged ourselves, set intention
and went to work.
In the water and on surrounding land, we chanted, sang, drummed, raised vibration and called in the healing. What happened next for me personally was nothing short of miraculous.
I held a large sea shell of burning sage while standing in the water, chanting with my brothers and sisters (most strangers who I had never met).
While my eyes were closed a pink light came over me, reminded me of an instagram filter really..and then I saw two very large birds flap their wings in this light and I felt ultimate peace.  This was confirmed when the woman next to me screamed "Look at the feather in the water!" I opened my eyes to see my brothers and sisters drumming, smiling and witnessing their sign of confirmation from the spirit.  There were no birds flying above us.

It was bliss.

Our intention was peaceful, prayerful healing.
The intention was universal because our river leads to the
Delaware which leads to the ocean.

We are all connected We are all one.


Which brings me an interesting thing that happened pre-water ceremony.
Nothing I am about to write reflects any member of the Clan of the Holy Stone's opinion or intention. Nor does it stem from anything but my own personal experience of getting the word out and gathering community members to participate in this event.

I volunteered to do a press release to raise awareness. With this came sentiments from local Native American people who were not happy with the words that I chose.  While on site, I also met someone who declared his 'faith' vocally and wanted to remain separate from a religious tradition that was born under the umbrella of his very own beliefs.

This truly saddens me.

Ladies and gentleman,
I don't care if you're Catholic,
Cherokee, Pagan, Wiccan,
Mennonite, Lutheran, Born Again,
Buddhist, Jewish, Atheist or if you believe in Aliens or Unicorns!

It is all semantics at this point.  Labels keep us apart.
Where there is no ultimate acceptance,  there is no grace. Where there is separateness, there is no room for love.  And this, ultimately prevents us from healing ourselves, our communities and our world. It prevents us from being one.

We Are One.    

Why are our hearts not open? Why are we still claiming our own selfish space in spiritual realm?
It is a slippery place where EGO is judgmental and active in fear. This is quite the opposite from the heart chakra being open which is the foundation of any religious teaching, which prohibits PEACE.

LET IT GO.

I am honored and blessed to have been lucky enough to have been witness and to participate in yesterdays most awesome prayer.

Yesterday has opened me up to want to do more group work, to want to continue to do my work globally and to continue to help others bust through ego's fear and to see, be and feel love.

As always, take what you need, post comments, repost or just leave it.

You are loved. You are blessed. We are one.


Thank you Melissa Lammy Mondgreen, for sharing your gifts with us, your love, your vision no matter where it came from to gather the people of our local community from every walk of life, to come together, to pray for our water and for the waters of the world in which we live.

Namaste,

Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Suicide Berceuse.

This is for you the broken hearted.This one is for you who can’t get out of bed and for you who may be finding it so damn hard to return the texts, emails and phone calls from anyone. 
This one is dedicated to those who having a hard time showing up because even thinking about showing up is too much energy. 
This one is for you who can’t seem to move on after the loss of a beloved. It’s for the ones whose days gone by are better than the days you’ve been wading through.This is for all of you who can’t catch a break financially, romantically or dream wise and wonder what it's all for.
The world has an immeasurable void in it. Constant pain inflicted from headlines or bylines is palpable. You’re unsure of your footing on our planet because the ground beneath you is unstable even when the sun shines otherwise. 
This one is for you who have contemplated at least once, perhaps even more than once about pressing the eject button on life. It’s here that you are in good company. It's…

4 Reasons Why Badmouthing Others is BAD For YOU.

I was talking today with a friend about the importance of words.  How you use them, positively, negatively any which way.  Words are like weapons.  Once you put them out there, they are pretty much impossible to take back.  Sure you can say you are sorry but it doesn't wipe the blood and guts off the floor from the initial bullet wound.  Forgiveness is key, but let's be mindful of our words from the get.  Dig?

Here's a repurposed blog to go along with those thoughts.

Everyone gets hurt. No one is perfect. People mess up. Mistakes are made. But the cross you bare when you badmouth someone else's questionable deeds or good fortunes, their life advances or personal tragedies is a very heavy one.

When you engage in loose lip service per say "warning" peers or anyone within earshot about someone or someone's "drama" or perhaps you seem to regurgitate the pain someone has caused you over and over to friends, strangers, clients, family members....wel…

Here are my demands.

Everyday, dozens of questions come at me via text, email, voicemail, Facebook,
instagram and on the street. My late friend Tommy encouraged me to answer every single one because every one, EVERYONE matters.  And yes, I truly do believe that.

In my spiritual practice, my intention is to hold space with those who are looking to open up more, to be inspired, to touch possibility then take that into their world and light the next candle closest to them. Every day I pray for healing - for you, for the good of all.
That is what fires me up. That is what gets me pumped in the morning when I'm dancing solo in my kitchen getting ready to take on the day, bringing on the good vibes!

Sure, I may see things other ignore. And true, I've been known to serve as a line between the physical and the unseen.  But what's most important is that I am a soul, just like you having a human experience. With that comes the same trials, tribulations and concerns you have on a daily basis
- trust me…