Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Witch Wolf!

In November of 2006, I tucked myself away in the foggy
Inner Sunset of San Francisco, typing for hours every day for thirty days. Sometimes until madness really set in.
I clicked away at my lap tops keys while my bedroom constantly shook from the N Judah line stopping right outside my window on ninth ave.  I turned off my phone and my myspace/friendster to ignore pleas of my friends to go dancing, or to happy hour  or out to shows.  The noise outside my window toyed with me.

 How the hell was I going to write a book being the social butterfly that I am?

And there were days I longed to see the sun or do anything but write but couldn't bare leaving Mick and her journey.  It was more than time to set her free cause she lived within me long enough.

Fast forward to 2010.  Honestly, hands down, probably one of the most trying years of my entire adult life.  Shit hit the fan in so many ways that there were moments I wasn't sure which end was up.  Searching for answers I grabbed a copy of Russell Simmon's Super Rich after seeing him talk about it on Ellen. I was moved.  This would inspire me to give birth to Witch Wolf? The Curse despite all of the years of rejection and almost signings with publishing houses or agents. Setting my first novel free, and releasing the outcome while just enjoying the process....was to be my new adventure......

So on July 4th of that same year, I self published
Witch Wolf? The Curse 
and what unfolded next I'm pretty sure will end up my life's movie.

The self portrait picture snapped by the Times News Reporter in the back of Strange Brew Coffee shop in Jim Thorpe (now that's FORESHADOWING FOLKS!) didn't just make the paper, it made the front page!
I can remember my mother calling at 6am screaming about the news.
The facebook messages from strangers with the subject line "remember me?" flooded my inbox.
I met strangers who wanted to "do business" with me and had friends who couldn't stick around for what was blossoming.
Then there was the sold out book signing at the Emporium of Curious Goods,  Venus & The Moon's abrupt birth & death, a copy of my work found it's way home in Jim Thorpe's Dimmick Memorial library
and copies are still selling at Seller's Fine Arts and Books .
....AND here we all are.
There have been many wild, wild memories and I've made some amazing, true friends along the way.
My life is forever changed because of that one risk
I took while going through a pretty dark time.
Sophia and I are so happy and so very, very grateful.

But let's face it, nothing in my life has been 'traditionally' done so to speak.  So this trajectory was perfect. And I can't tell you enough how thankful I truly I am for the process and all it's revelations and gifts even if they came in really unusually shaped, oddly colored boxes.

Happy Birthday Mick!

Now, to pay homage to a friend that has
supported me along the journey
I want to give a
huge shout out to Mark Driesbach
who has courageously given birth to
Bugs At Bedtime and Other Adventures.

Mark is a very creative soul who I've known for decades.
I'm so excited that he sharing his work with the world!
Mark will be doing a book signing at
Natural Impressions July 13th, at 1pm.  Please stop by and
join me in wishing him an awesome journey and nothing but love, luck and success with his debut book!

Ladies and gentleman, if you have a creative fire burning deep within you,
give birth to it.  The worlds needs you too.
When you release the outcome, I promise you that the process is really magical.

All my love,
Mick G






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.