Skip to main content

What About Love?

What about it? You ask.
I know. It's trendy. It's fleeting.
It doesn't last.
Nothing does right?
It's for the birds, a concept thats nice on the big screen but it doesn't play out that way in real life.
Maybe you think that Love is a fad that has gone out with juke boxe's in the fifties and has gotten injected with anti inflamitory's so the notion of it could be remembered in sappy songs if you still even listen to the radio.

Well I won't let it die. And I'm not going to give up.
I'm going to fight for it.
I'm not talking about just the romantic kind either even though I'm a sucker for a good chic flick and officiating weddings makes my heart sing!

But the kind of LOVE I'm talking takes a little more work and
courage than that.
I'm talking straight up loving thyself
then taking that light and Loving thy neighbor.
I'm talking absolutely radiating LOVE to your core.
I'm talking infectious like the flu but more like using it as a cure to get us out of this place we're in, this horrible misunderstanding, this lack, this devastation and constant judgement of others. And finally using LOVE as the greatest weapon of all of course to aid in alleviating global war.

That is my ministry.
It's been from the moment I got it inked on my arm.
It's the foundation of the White Light Army.

Yet, I've been criticized, outcast and shunned for it.

Impossible! She screams from Race Street!
You're the enemy! Cries the Medium across town.
You're a fool! Says my own Mother at times.

Nay! I smile.
THIS is what my brother wants.
Not holy wars waged in His name.
Not people preaching hate on His behalf.
Treating thy neighbor as thyself.
So let's start there.

LOVE YOU FIRST.

No. We cannot change the world overnight.
And yes, I fully understand that we are conditioned to beat the crap out of ourselves from
the moment we look at what we see in the mirror in the morning. We are born with Love but we grow up with fear.  However, if we took a moment to say some kind words to our reflection the butterfly effect would ensue. Starting right where we are, right now in this moment, turning inward with love will amount to a great deal of healing.

So why not try this on for size:
I ACCEPT MYSELF AS IS 
AND PEACE LIVES WITHIN ME.
Perhaps you can come up with something that feels a little more juicy for you?
How about:  Today I am love and I will radiate love to all those I meet.
That's actually a personal favorite of mine.  Take it!

I challenge you for one week to try this on for size.
Hell, try smiling at your reflection if you can't find the right words
then take that smile and pass it on to strangers.

Love is the great miracle cure. 
Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. Louise L. Hay
As always, comments and emails are welcome.  I am blessed to be reminded that the good fight is worth it and honored to politely remind you.

Be the change you seek in others  - Ghandi

Namaste.

XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Suicide Berceuse.

This is for you the broken hearted.This one is for you who can’t get out of bed and for you who may be finding it so damn hard to return the texts, emails and phone calls from anyone. 
This one is dedicated to those who having a hard time showing up because even thinking about showing up is too much energy. 
This one is for you who can’t seem to move on after the loss of a beloved. It’s for the ones whose days gone by are better than the days you’ve been wading through.This is for all of you who can’t catch a break financially, romantically or dream wise and wonder what it's all for.
The world has an immeasurable void in it. Constant pain inflicted from headlines or bylines is palpable. You’re unsure of your footing on our planet because the ground beneath you is unstable even when the sun shines otherwise. 
This one is for you who have contemplated at least once, perhaps even more than once about pressing the eject button on life. It’s here that you are in good company. It's…

4 Reasons Why Badmouthing Others is BAD For YOU.

I was talking today with a friend about the importance of words.  How you use them, positively, negatively any which way.  Words are like weapons.  Once you put them out there, they are pretty much impossible to take back.  Sure you can say you are sorry but it doesn't wipe the blood and guts off the floor from the initial bullet wound.  Forgiveness is key, but let's be mindful of our words from the get.  Dig?

Here's a repurposed blog to go along with those thoughts.

Everyone gets hurt. No one is perfect. People mess up. Mistakes are made. But the cross you bare when you badmouth someone else's questionable deeds or good fortunes, their life advances or personal tragedies is a very heavy one.

When you engage in loose lip service per say "warning" peers or anyone within earshot about someone or someone's "drama" or perhaps you seem to regurgitate the pain someone has caused you over and over to friends, strangers, clients, family members....wel…

The Sum of all Jitters

Monday, I leave my precious, beautiful and sacred bubble of Jim Thorpe for New York City to embark on my first week of Kundalini Yoga teacher training.  This learning adventure will stretch over the course of the next eight months. It's something that has been pulling at my heart for the last five years in terms of spiritual and physical evolution.


 And naturally with most new personal mega shifts or changes comes a tinge of fear. 
Yes, it's normal.  Don't use my words against me. But the 17 year old who lives somewhere inside of me sits up, batting her eyes so that I take notice.  She thanks me for honoring our future. She is excited for possibility and for helping others, always. But she bites her lip "even though we've come so far regarding our body image, even though we've done so much self love/self esteem work over the years, I'm still scared to wear white pants."

And I feel her..

It's not because I stain every white piece of clothing I o…