Skip to main content

Dec 10th, 2012


Dearest Rockell, 

What the fuck motherfucker!?

You know, I couldn’t talk to anyone else that way and right now, in retrospective. in honor of your birthday and NSSN
....I am  laughing so hard!

Dude Happy Birthday! Happy NSSN!  Merry Ho Ho....Oh yeah! And the world is ending according to the Mayans....but whatever. No "New Rock Emergency" Right? 
The show will go on!

Thank you for good memories pre holiday drama this time of year! Did I mention I miss you?

I'm not going to lie. This weather makes me miss San Francisco and California so much too.  Winter is going to be cold and a bitch. The warning signs are not screaming they are throwing grenades at us. But I digress.

It was NSSN tonight! How could your Spirit not be conjured? Your birthday is also tomorrow! Are you hanging out with your Dad and Dave?  Ten bucks you are!

Just in case you weren't aware, during my move last week, into the five story colonial with my own storefront, from a one bedroom apt,  and experiencing some pretty heavy crazy crap - your postcard 
(from your life celebration...)
 kept showing up everywhere, no matter where I purposefully placed it).....

Good one dude.

And then I as stood at my sink about to do the dishes on a monday am, waiting for coffee - there was the red bird.

DUDE!

In addition to the strong power of suggestion and because of the wheel of the year,
you're indeed in my dreams, on my mind,
& all over facebook!
So I am grateful! It's like doses of happy memories!

But I am wondering...
(Pardon the tears in my eyes.)
Did you help get me this promotion? 
If you did, Thank you.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!


OK last time, promise: I miss you so much. 
I have learned so much
since we last saw each other, the day you met my daughter
since we last emailed,
since we last talked
and through your passing,
about our relationship
about myself
and about
who I am today in light of such things.


Robin, you were one of my greatest teachers and mentors. 
You treated me like family because you knew I needed it. We had a special language and understanding even when we didn't...  
You always had my back.
Your laugh was one of the most contagious, courageous miracles I ever experienced.  
And I purposefully recall it especially to heal me in times of anxiousness.

Dude, Thank you for everything.
You made my life one million times better than what it was.

You can count on the fact that memories of NSSN and BFD swell my brain during the appropriate seasons. .....Like "That one time with Crazytown at The Phoenix)!

I have held and continue to hold 
all of our adventures, journeys 
and "OMG! WTF’S?’S" in the highest regards.

With great respect
I say 
See you soon dude.
xoxo
MG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Suicide Berceuse.

This is for you the broken hearted.This one is for you who can’t get out of bed and for you who may be finding it so damn hard to return the texts, emails and phone calls from anyone. 
This one is dedicated to those who having a hard time showing up because even thinking about showing up is too much energy. 
This one is for you who can’t seem to move on after the loss of a beloved. It’s for the ones whose days gone by are better than the days you’ve been wading through.This is for all of you who can’t catch a break financially, romantically or dream wise and wonder what it's all for.
The world has an immeasurable void in it. Constant pain inflicted from headlines or bylines is palpable. You’re unsure of your footing on our planet because the ground beneath you is unstable even when the sun shines otherwise. 
This one is for you who have contemplated at least once, perhaps even more than once about pressing the eject button on life. It’s here that you are in good company. It's…

4 Reasons Why Badmouthing Others is BAD For YOU.

I was talking today with a friend about the importance of words.  How you use them, positively, negatively any which way.  Words are like weapons.  Once you put them out there, they are pretty much impossible to take back.  Sure you can say you are sorry but it doesn't wipe the blood and guts off the floor from the initial bullet wound.  Forgiveness is key, but let's be mindful of our words from the get.  Dig?

Here's a repurposed blog to go along with those thoughts.

Everyone gets hurt. No one is perfect. People mess up. Mistakes are made. But the cross you bare when you badmouth someone else's questionable deeds or good fortunes, their life advances or personal tragedies is a very heavy one.

When you engage in loose lip service per say "warning" peers or anyone within earshot about someone or someone's "drama" or perhaps you seem to regurgitate the pain someone has caused you over and over to friends, strangers, clients, family members....wel…

The Sum of all Jitters

Monday, I leave my precious, beautiful and sacred bubble of Jim Thorpe for New York City to embark on my first week of Kundalini Yoga teacher training.  This learning adventure will stretch over the course of the next eight months. It's something that has been pulling at my heart for the last five years in terms of spiritual and physical evolution.


 And naturally with most new personal mega shifts or changes comes a tinge of fear. 
Yes, it's normal.  Don't use my words against me. But the 17 year old who lives somewhere inside of me sits up, batting her eyes so that I take notice.  She thanks me for honoring our future. She is excited for possibility and for helping others, always. But she bites her lip "even though we've come so far regarding our body image, even though we've done so much self love/self esteem work over the years, I'm still scared to wear white pants."

And I feel her..

It's not because I stain every white piece of clothing I o…