Sunday, October 21, 2012

Well Jesus Christ and Hallelujah


Well I heard there was a secret chord
that David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall and the major lift

The baffled king composing Hallelujah...


In two weeks it's the presidential election.
It two months it's the end of the world as we know it (supposedly).
How are you doing?
What's going on?

Let's discuss.

This past weekend I was able to connect
dots from the past - from my past as well, from other worlds, from decades from which I lived and which I didn't.
I saw deceased relatives of childhood friends, the fifteen year old who sat behind me in freshman homeroom at Jim Thorpe and yeah, connecting dots metaphysical and the like. Who I've met and what we discussed in the past 48 hours was definitely a cold and broken Hallelujah.

In dinner conversation saturday night, it was brought to my attention that
my daughters five year old friend was recently taught that Jesus does not like Halloween.

My heart broke.  My eyes welled.

My Jesus loves everything and everyone.
My God is love.


In two weeks it's the presidential election.
It two months it's the end of the world as we know it (supposedly).
How are you doing?
What's going on?


Tonight I am barreling down a to do list.
Expectations.
Deadlines.
Free time.
Big Dreams.
Thoughts become things.

God is love.

Leave a message at the bottom of the blog.

Have a great week.

PS.
Maybe there's a God above
all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.