Skip to main content

No Sleep Till....

Oakland, San Francisco, Glide Memorial,
Rockwell Fillmore Tribute. Dark Beauty Photo Shoot. (Sigh)

Trying to catch rest and nurse suspected, unconfirmed disease that's infiltrated my being.
In my left ear, it sounds like a helicopter is landing.  Doesn't feel like rescue though.
My body is weak. Everything hurts.
Prescribed medication makes it hard to breathe even harder to speak.
Hoped to have come to better health before heading west. T minus 12 hours and counting.
Too much stress. No such luck.
I feel so disconnected physically. Reclaim! Save me!

I have been taught that illness is a great metaphysical sign. To ponder on my bed and be still.
In this time of great process however I recall words that a living Goddess - shared - via Plato:
“Be Kind for Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Great Battle.”–Plato


I couldn't agree more. I am sad for all of my friends that are suffering severe loss and in their own deep crisis right now -  no matter what the circumstance.  
Let's be honest, there is no lack of circumstance!

Another colleague reminded me that it's the end of the winter, dead season.  
Abundance is just around the bend. 
Hold on.


Finally a very beautiful & wise man in my life said that he recently came to the realization that 'everyone always has stuff going on all the time, no matter what.'


It's true. There is no great reason that we have to lash out at each other because we are we are hurting or lacking or feeling jumbled inside. 
Everyone is hurting on some level. Everyone has pain on some level. Take a step back from your madness or sadness and breathe.


Yesterday, strangers came to my aid when I collapsed in the street. 
They offered me water and sat patiently with my daughter until I got my bearings again. They could have taken my purse or took my keys and made off with Beulah. 
But they smiled and offered me love from their hearts.
I payed it forward by practicing random acts of kindness for the rest of the day with everyone I came into contact with until I made it safely back to my home where I was met with messages from clients and friends in their own great crisis. 


“Be Kind for Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Great Battle.”–Plato


I sit here, with tears in my eyes, knowing that more tears are coming. 
I long to be in the embrace of familiar strangers I have left so long ago, to share the release of sadness we have for such a great loss to our own personal history and community.
I look to share my love and kindness with each and every person I encounter when I set foot out of my front door from this day forward.  Amen.


Life is too short my friends to insist upon anything sweeter


Ally My Love

 XO MG XO























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Suicide Berceuse.

This is for you the broken hearted.This one is for you who can’t get out of bed and for you who may be finding it so damn hard to return the texts, emails and phone calls from anyone. 
This one is dedicated to those who having a hard time showing up because even thinking about showing up is too much energy. 
This one is for you who can’t seem to move on after the loss of a beloved. It’s for the ones whose days gone by are better than the days you’ve been wading through.This is for all of you who can’t catch a break financially, romantically or dream wise and wonder what it's all for.
The world has an immeasurable void in it. Constant pain inflicted from headlines or bylines is palpable. You’re unsure of your footing on our planet because the ground beneath you is unstable even when the sun shines otherwise. 
This one is for you who have contemplated at least once, perhaps even more than once about pressing the eject button on life. It’s here that you are in good company. It's…

4 Reasons Why Badmouthing Others is BAD For YOU.

I was talking today with a friend about the importance of words.  How you use them, positively, negatively any which way.  Words are like weapons.  Once you put them out there, they are pretty much impossible to take back.  Sure you can say you are sorry but it doesn't wipe the blood and guts off the floor from the initial bullet wound.  Forgiveness is key, but let's be mindful of our words from the get.  Dig?

Here's a repurposed blog to go along with those thoughts.

Everyone gets hurt. No one is perfect. People mess up. Mistakes are made. But the cross you bare when you badmouth someone else's questionable deeds or good fortunes, their life advances or personal tragedies is a very heavy one.

When you engage in loose lip service per say "warning" peers or anyone within earshot about someone or someone's "drama" or perhaps you seem to regurgitate the pain someone has caused you over and over to friends, strangers, clients, family members....wel…

Here are my demands.

Everyday, dozens of questions come at me via text, email, voicemail, Facebook,
instagram and on the street. My late friend Tommy encouraged me to answer every single one because every one, EVERYONE matters.  And yes, I truly do believe that.

In my spiritual practice, my intention is to hold space with those who are looking to open up more, to be inspired, to touch possibility then take that into their world and light the next candle closest to them. Every day I pray for healing - for you, for the good of all.
That is what fires me up. That is what gets me pumped in the morning when I'm dancing solo in my kitchen getting ready to take on the day, bringing on the good vibes!

Sure, I may see things other ignore. And true, I've been known to serve as a line between the physical and the unseen.  But what's most important is that I am a soul, just like you having a human experience. With that comes the same trials, tribulations and concerns you have on a daily basis
- trust me…