Saturday, July 9, 2011

Witch Wolf? Behind the scenes....

Five years ago I sat down to pen the book I knew was brewing in me since as far back as I can remember.  I was fresh out of my marketing position at LIVE 105 in San Francisco when I found a book No Plot? No Problem. Yureka! This little piece of gold was part of a larger picture though, a community of writers who commit the entire month of November to writing.  November in this circle is National Novel Writing Month.  I was hooked.


Well, it really took thirty days of avoiding friends, dodging holiday parties and getting to know the meaning of commitment and it was... done.
But It took another few years of editing, rewriting, hiring a professional editor, having a baby, soliciting agents and publishers, yielding rejection letters and being so closed to penning representation that I decided to just set this creative child free unto the world on my own.


Why?  Because this grand story is only part fiction. Of course names have been changed and I've followed the rules of fiction writing. However, it's a vivid and silly recollection of the time I was bullied in grade school because of my freakish like appearance.



At twelve years old, being overweight,  having no teeth and no hair does not make the best of days for a little girl. But without my parents and a handful of teachers encouraging me despite the daily drama from my peers I've lived through it to creatively mix fantasy with reality in hopes to encourage other children who may be or have been through similar circumstances that they too can overcome.


I've teamed up with Bob Schaeffer at Behavior Health Associates in Lehighton in hopes to provide education to local school children about effects of bullying.  A portion of the sale of Witch Wolf? The Curse will allow for an anti bullying program to be brought to a school near you.
Please contact me for a book drive in your school or more info.




Choosing to self publish was not an easy decision.
I've heard many people say that no one of any literary anything
will ever take me seriously as a writer.
little girl who had a great big story to tell inside of me.  
So I chose this past independence day to do such things :)
I also thought the self publishing route would most definitely honor the Green Mommy in me as Witch Wolf? The Curse is available as print on demand. No excess copies or trees wasted in the production.  (Please & Thank you!)


Since I've written Witch Wolf? The Curse I've also been blessed to pen a TV pilot, a few scripts and of course the next book in the Witch Wolf series: Sibling Rivalry. I've also created GreenMomGreenbaby, and am blessed to contribute to the amazing Dark Beauty Magazine as Krafty Kitty (Resident White Witch). Here, I continue to blog about the amazing paranormal adventure my life has become.  I couldn't be more proud to have a beautiful daughter who continues to inspire me to be the best person I can be every day - hence giving birth to my second, inner child;
 Witch Wolf? The Curse.


Thank you for supporting the sale of Witch Wolf? The Curse.
Thank you for coming back and continuing to share this creative space with me.
I am honored and in gratitude.

Much love
XOXO
Michelle L. Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.