Skip to main content

Laying her to rest


I'm not sure if I should write about this just yet
- but I kind of want to get it off my chest
.....today being the day of the final service & all.....

I was contacted in November about a missing person's case
could I help?

could I?

A friend knew the head officer in charge of the case
- he asked for my contact info and I waited......
anxiously - nervously...really??
When the phone rang November 12th , 9:30pm it wasn't the State Trooper - I was expecting...
Instead - it was the daughter of the missing woman -
she identified herself and stated that the
State Trooper passed along my info to the her
(without EVER speaking to me, meeting me - etc.....)

Needless to say - I was a little overwhelmed. Did this cop totally trust me to do such a thing?
Also, because of my empathic nature - it's best that I don't work with (emotional) people or people close to the case ....I just need the facts mam.

However, I took the call & promised the young woman on the other end of the receiver
that the next day I was going to trace her mother's last whereabouts.
I would call her if I realized anything.

3pm, Friday the 13th - (right?)
I drove to a local D&D to wait for my cop friend & his cop friend
(neither the lead investigator on the case).......
Upon closing my car door, I was met with 13 very zealous strangers, some dressed in bright orange hunting gear and others in camo....some had walking sticks, others canteens & binoculars.

WTF?

"Are You the Psychic?" the oldest gentlemen asked.
"Are You?" I replied in awe.
"I used to be but I don't have time for that shit anymore." he snarled.
I shook my head and listened to him assessing that this search party was anxious to get started.

I just had to pee - and clear my head.
What the hell was happening?

Waiting for my cop friend in D&D
- a woman asked me if I was the missing woman's relative.
No - I smiled.
"Are you the psychic?" she followed.
"I wouldn't say that ....exactly...I'm more like a radio ... that's come to pick up on her signal....But that's besides the point - how did you know I was coming - what's going on outside? I'm a little confused."

"The Mayor called all the media outlets to say that a psychic was called in to the case."

I turned from her and walked to my car to possibly get in it and hide...or drive away.
I saw my friend pull in as I fumbled around for an oxygen tank and breathing mask that oh yeah....I didn't have and while I was busy trying to remain grounded - I guess I missed the TV camera coming straight for my face.
Close the car door.....
"Are you the Psychic? Can we talk to you?"
"What? No!" I pushed the camera away from my face - "I have a family dude - and honestly - this isn't about me - it's about the missing woman."
The skinny buddy holly look alike with the heavy equipment looked confused. So I kept up... "Why are you here?"
Clearly - he was putt off MY questions.
"UM...Do you mind if I ask you questions off camera?"
"Um, I guess....."
I smiled then repeated myself - dude - this isn't about me - it so important to just keep the focus on the lady.

Completely overwhelmed - I walked back in to D&D to greet my cop friend who ironically was happy to be ordering coffee & donuts. "What's going on?"
He hadn't a clue.
Priceless.

Random people in D&D gathered around us to listen. It was so bizarre.
An employee from came from behind the counter with a cordless phone and handed it to me -
It's the radio station - they want to talk to you......

I shook my head and walked back outside.
Don't panic
Just breath
Don't panic
just breath
this isn't about you - it's about helping this woman get back to her daughter.....breath.

We decided to take 2 cars (the newspaper reporter in mine) and off we went ....

Almost two hours after I began - i was coming to a deadline
-I had an appointment to take care of - some hostile energy in a house across town......
So I had to end the circus of people following me like my own personal paparazzi

While I had been meditating on a bench by the river - I saw a carnival taking place behind me to the right.....when I opened my eyes - the entire bright orange and camo clad crew were in the brush...moving sticks, throwing rocks, and screaming upon finding a....KEG.
really???? a KEG?

So I stood on the park bench I was sitting on- and almost instantly the group gathered around -
I told them the following: thank you - so much for coming - today - you must have so much love in your heart for ________________.
But -
if you can continue watching - please do so late at night because - she's going to be moved from where she is -
she's not in the water - not now - she's going to be moved to the water......

i thanked them for coming - told them to keep praying as it stood because
they were her guardians....

I jumped off the park bench and begged the newspaper reporter not to print my name.
I didn't tell those people - or the reporter
what I told the cops......there's no way! I didn't want to start a riot ....

And now - on the day of her funeral -
I wonder if I had went on camera that day -
or if the lead investigator had talked to me about the things I truly saw and heard
....if things would be different .....

I went to honor her today.
I had to.
Even though I didn't know this woman on this walking plane
- I certainly was supposed to greet her in her death. I tried running from this opportunity screaming - believe me - it just kept coming back.
I couldn't walk away no matter what - how hard I tried.

...And for this - my first time....
November 14th - She clearly - stood in my kitchen and spoke to me - laughed - such a boisterous, grand laugh.
After hearing so many lovely things about her - this afternoon, I can't imagine that someone so kind and lovely - could exit or be allowed to- as such.

But regardless of THE how -
we all have some kind of ending.
We come in - we go out.
That was her finale.

She is happy though - so happy -
I got to know her - and her family - her daughter -
Her tragedy came to my doorstep, handed me a notebook and a golden unicorn music box (no really, and it played the day of her autopsy) and whispered in my ear- come see this.

And now, I am yelling from the top of the mountain- BACK to the universe
AMEN.


As of this date, I have yet to receive a call from the officer in charge of the investigation. I did however call him and he wasn't nice or helpful or even cooperative in terms of just being a human being. Which totally = BLOWS MY MIND being the daughter of a well respected and well loved - COP.

A Lesson Learned:
The things you demand of the universe will also make demands on you.



Comments

  1. Wow Mich.. I didn't know all that went down .. Crazy. - Tara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Suicide Berceuse.

This is for you the broken hearted.This one is for you who can’t get out of bed and for you who may be finding it so damn hard to return the texts, emails and phone calls from anyone. 
This one is dedicated to those who having a hard time showing up because even thinking about showing up is too much energy. 
This one is for you who can’t seem to move on after the loss of a beloved. It’s for the ones whose days gone by are better than the days you’ve been wading through.This is for all of you who can’t catch a break financially, romantically or dream wise and wonder what it's all for.
The world has an immeasurable void in it. Constant pain inflicted from headlines or bylines is palpable. You’re unsure of your footing on our planet because the ground beneath you is unstable even when the sun shines otherwise. 
This one is for you who have contemplated at least once, perhaps even more than once about pressing the eject button on life. It’s here that you are in good company. It's…

4 Reasons Why Badmouthing Others is BAD For YOU.

I was talking today with a friend about the importance of words.  How you use them, positively, negatively any which way.  Words are like weapons.  Once you put them out there, they are pretty much impossible to take back.  Sure you can say you are sorry but it doesn't wipe the blood and guts off the floor from the initial bullet wound.  Forgiveness is key, but let's be mindful of our words from the get.  Dig?

Here's a repurposed blog to go along with those thoughts.

Everyone gets hurt. No one is perfect. People mess up. Mistakes are made. But the cross you bare when you badmouth someone else's questionable deeds or good fortunes, their life advances or personal tragedies is a very heavy one.

When you engage in loose lip service per say "warning" peers or anyone within earshot about someone or someone's "drama" or perhaps you seem to regurgitate the pain someone has caused you over and over to friends, strangers, clients, family members....wel…

The Sum of all Jitters

Monday, I leave my precious, beautiful and sacred bubble of Jim Thorpe for New York City to embark on my first week of Kundalini Yoga teacher training.  This learning adventure will stretch over the course of the next eight months. It's something that has been pulling at my heart for the last five years in terms of spiritual and physical evolution.


 And naturally with most new personal mega shifts or changes comes a tinge of fear. 
Yes, it's normal.  Don't use my words against me. But the 17 year old who lives somewhere inside of me sits up, batting her eyes so that I take notice.  She thanks me for honoring our future. She is excited for possibility and for helping others, always. But she bites her lip "even though we've come so far regarding our body image, even though we've done so much self love/self esteem work over the years, I'm still scared to wear white pants."

And I feel her..

It's not because I stain every white piece of clothing I o…